Wednesday 1 May 2013

Organizing

                              Meal planning

This week I have been on nightshift, so while Im trying to stay awake at 4.30 in the morning when my body is just so physically exhausted and I really could go to sleep standing up, Im making notes on what meals we will be having this week. Wednesday nights we have BMX and don't get home until after 6pm last week I made the big mistake of nicking to the supermarket with the kids as I needed bread and milk and $100.00 later pft.  No way that's not happening again, so yesterday when I got up I made some chicken and zucchini sausage rolls, so tonight after BMX we will be having them and home made pumpkin soup which I have had in the freezer, usually after nightshift Im just so tired I cant be bothered making anything to much.
But today is freezing and we have had some rain so no BMX we are just all cosy about to have home made sausage rolls and pumpkin soup and a quick yummy chocolate cake.
My meals are planned for the week , I will need to go to the supermarket to get just a couple of items as Im planning on getting my sauce made this weekend.


Very quick and easy chicken sausage rolls
I was lazy this time and didn't make my pastry I just used puff pastry sheets
chicken mince
zucchini grated
carrot grated
onion grated
cheese grated
a little curry powder or you could use some taco seasoning mix which is very yummy
and the kids love them and I will be using them for tommorows lunch boxes as well

 Quick chocolate cake, I usually double the recipe so I can freeze one.
1 cup SR flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 tblsp cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teasp vanilla
beat slightly
then add 3 oz of melted butter
Bake in moderate oven for 40-50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...