Wednesday 1 May 2013

Yoghurt

Home made yoghurt

My kids are getting a bit fussy at breakfast time and I don't buy a lot of sugary cereals, so I thought I would make some home made yoghurt that they can add what they like to it.
 After tea last night  sterilized a couple of jars in the oven, so that warmed up the oven just nicely.
Then I put 1 litre of milk in a saucepan and heated it to 80 degrees then remove milk from stovetop to cool until 45 degrees. Then add 1/2 cup of natural yoghurt and 1/2 cup of milk powder and stir well.
Pour the mixture into the jars and wrap in a tea towel and place in a warm spot over night or 12 hours.
Save some of this yoghurt to use as your next starter when you make this yoghurt again then you don't have to purchase yoghurt.
My kids love this with golden syrup or honey, I have some logan berrys which I will mix with it tomorrow.

This mornings breakfast yum ....
My latest opp shop find for 10cents per book
What a bargain. I love these magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...