Thursday 16 May 2013

Home made sauce

              Tomato sauce

The weather here has turned quite cold, too cold to be getting up at 5.30 am for dayshift
On the bright side its only 7 hours until I can escape to get home and get stuck into getting things done at home.
My tomato harvest this year has been wonderful I had been picking then cutting them and putting them in the freezer, and the freezer was just to full so its time I made my sauce.

I really need to get a larger cooking pot , as after getting all the tomatoes out and the pot was overflowing I had to transfer some tomatoes to another pot, Im really terrible at writing recipes as I do not measure anything, so all I can give you are the ingredients and approx. measurements.
2 kg tomatoes chopped { I had 6 kg]
500g apples chopped
500g onions chopped
1 1/4 cups white vinegar
400g sugar
1 dsp allspice
1/2 desp ground cloves
2 dsp salt
1 pinch cayenne
2 pinches black pepper

I just boil all this up then blend with stick blender
 and then pour into sterilized bottles

 
Now I just need to make some home made pies and sausage rolls, as the sauce is delish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...