Thursday 16 May 2013

Jam Melon

                                    Jam melon

I don't know much about these and I have never seen one before.
My friends Mother rang me up and asked me if I would like one to make jam with so I took the challenge.
They were kind enough to drop this half of melon over to my house.
I have saved all the seeds to try planting this in the spring.
There were a few different recipes on the net but the one I went for was Melon and ginger jam and I was very happy with the result as I love ginger, but if your not fond of ginger there are other recipes you could work with.
1 kg jam melon {prepared weight}
250g preserved ginger diced
1 kg sugar
juice of 6 lemons
1/4 teasp cayenne pepper

Preparation
Peel and chop melon , chop ginger and add sugar place in a bowl over night... do not miss this step

2. Transfer melon mix into a pan and boil until melon is transparent. Add lemon juice and cayenne continue to boil until setting point is reached.
Bottle in sterilized jars.
This jam is lovely with a little kick



and yes Im a very messy cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...