Monday 23 September 2013

Strawberry mulch

In the past couple of years I havnt had to much luck with strawberries , so this year I have put plenty of manure and  have decided to use pine needle mulch, I collect this free from my Dads house. I only got a small amount yesterday {actually Dad bought it over for me } I will go out this weekend and get some more as I have decided to mulch my 3 blueberry bushes with it also, pine needles are supposed to be ideal for acid loving plants , strawberries, blueberries and rasberries so I think I will need a lot more than what I have
 Not a lot of mulch here
 I managed to get some around the blueberries
 Not great pictures excuse the weeds this garden needs lots of work.
I forgot to post this picture on Sunday , this was taken at the Daylesford community garden, I think I may steal this idea it looks so pretty.  Now I just have to source an old bath.

1 comment:

  1. I might steel your idea. Im not good with strawberries or blueberries either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...