Friday 2 August 2013

100 posts

One hundred posts later, and since the very beginning of starting this blogging diary there have been many changes around the home.
I think it has been about 3 years since I discovered blogging before that I had no idea what a blog was, I love sitting down reading all the fabulous blogs out there.
Not much happening around the home the last couple of days Ive been busy running everybody around I feel like I need a bit of time out actually, doubt if that will happen though.
So for my one hundredth post Im going to post my late Mothers ginger fluff sponge recipe, my mother always used to make this sponge for friends and relatives.
I had never made it before so today I thought I would give it a go, since it was a cold windy and rainy day outside and freezing cold, the afternoon was spent in the kitchen.
Im so longing to get outside and get some gardening done.
 Ginger Fluff sponge recipe
4 eggs
1/2 cup cornflour
2 teasp cinnamon
2 teasp ginger
1 dessert sp golden syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup SR flour
2 teasp cocoa
1 tblsp hot water
Beat egg whites until stiff, adding sugar gradually and beating until thick and smooth, whisk in yolks one at a time. Sift all dry ingredients 3 times and fold into mixture. Dissolve golden syrup in hot water and fold this into mixture and pour into prepared sandwich tins.
Bake in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes

  
Afternoon tea, with a pot of curried cauliflower soup on the stove.
Yes I end up keeping the tablecloth I found at the opp shop the otherday, I quite fancied it.
I will have to give up one of my other Nana cloths as my friend calls them
Hope everyone has a great weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post!
    I love the sound of the cake, it looks fab.I am trying to be good at the moment so baking is out for me I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne
    Yes I really shouldnt bake but the kids are always looking for snacks and instead of buying them I bake them. Ive only had one piece so thats not to bad ....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...