Monday 21 October 2013

Beautiful days

 We had a beautiful weekend here in Ballarat, my energy levels are high with all this healthy eating and its great to get outside and burn it off. Mowing lawns , gardening, making paths and little stick fences, nothing fancy just some sticks woven  I need a few more sticks to finish which I will source when I go and visit my Dad who lives in the bush with plenty of gumtrees.

 Cherries starting to form on the cherry tree
 My little belgium d uccles enjoying the sunshine
 Loganberry bushes are looking healthy.

 Almonds getting bigger
 Gizzi enjoying the day.
 Rhododendron putting on a lovely show
 Dianthus lush with plenty of bloom this year
 Roses starting to bud


 Lambs ear I actually love lambs ear it brings back memories of my childhood, Mum had them in her garden so naturally I had to have them in mine.
 Forgive me but I dont know all of my plants and I pop in plants and cant remember what Ive planted eeek.
Not sure if this is geranium or pelargonium.  They also remind me of my Mothers garden I think she actually gave me the cuttings of these.
All in all its been a lovely weekend in the garden

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon
    Lovely photos - it looks as though you are going to be enjoying a good harvest of flowers, fruit and veg this year. Your last photo is a pelargonium, but they are still talked about as geraniums, just to confuse things! One of my favourite groups of plants are the perennial hardy geraniums or cranesbills - they are undemanding and flower for so long. Enjoy your lovely garden.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely flowers! We've just had our first frost, so it's over for us for a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a contrast. Ive just spent 3 days down on the Great Ocean Road and it rained everyday. It didnt bother us but what a difference. Your flowers look great. I dont remember names either but if i go to a nursery with my 84 year old Mum she tells me all their names even their Latin ones. How does she do that???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...