The first garden was The Old Curiosity Shop in Ballarat East.
It dates back to 1855 built by a bricklayer , James Warwick as a modest 4 roomed timber and brick home.
Also a keen gardener and member of the local Horticultural Society, Warwick was involved with many gardens in the Ballarat East area.
Using cast of crockery,glass, ceramic figures and mirror shards, shells, wallpaper samples, architectural ornament and slag a place was found for all manner of things. Children would bring china dolls and bits of crockery.
The work has its origins in the grottoes and shell houses that ornamented the gardens of large English Estates from the 1730s
The current owner has filled the garden with cottage plants and her own artistic flair.