Friday 12 September 2014

Garden happenings

 There are a few little things going on in my garden , there is certainly a lot of work to be done and some fences to put up to keep a certain someone of my gardens, The tulips have survived
 I have some silverbeet which Im going to make a silverbeet and ricotta slice.
 Broadbeans still seem quite hardy even though we have had some shocking windy days and they have been trampled a couple of times by Alaska.
 Bok Choy for my stir fry this weekend. I really love bok choy so I just planted some more seedlings today.
 Cos lettuce for a nice chicken and ceasar salad.
 I can see a nice curried cauliflower soup happening this week also.
 This is a nice little opp shop find that I planted some succulents in.
 Linda this one is for you, see they are starting to bud my grape cuttings . Ive potted up quite a few and I have had some beautiful big sweet red grapes from this vine.
 Broccoli for the stir fry, I also planted some more seedlings today
 Mixed lettuce gone to seed Im hoping it will self sow
 Garlic patch is a bit tragic this year but I only planted a small amount as I have a freezer full of garlic still from last season
 Now this beautiful bay tree I appreciate so much more at the moment have you seen the price of bay leaves. I couldnt believe it its about $4.00 for a few dried leaves eeeek.
 Kale going to seed Im hoping to save these and re plant again.
 Loganberry bushes starting to grow a lot of new shoots I hope I get as many as last year they seem to be a bit late this year.
 Ive moved my beautiful cochin hen into a hutch as she has gone broody and fluffs her self up everytime I go to get the eggs and she is sitting on 12 fertilized eggs at the moment so wish me luck. I havnt had much luck last year hatching chickens but Im pretty confident with this girl as she stayed broody when I moved her which was great.
 Still amples of parsley I just love scrambled eggs and parsley which I have plenty of both at the moment so breakfast at my house guess what you get.
 Im pretty happy about this plum tree its beautiful.
 Tyler wants to go to the movies this weekend so he has to earn the money so he has been carting wood for me for this garden
 Alaska idolizes Gizzi she followers her everywhere and just watches her..... no privacy even when going to the toilet hmmmm I know how she feels its a bit like having children.

4 comments:

  1. Your garden is so productive, I did not realise that Tulips would grow in Oz, the red ones are my brothers favourite flower, I am going to find a way to send him some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam yes Tulips grow here. They have tulip farms and all.
      http://tulipfestival.com.au/
      You may be able to contact these guys
      xx

      Delete
  2. Goodness, there's a lot going on at your place. Apart from lettuce im barren. Imagine Gizzi and Alaska when she is full grown. It will be like David and Goliath except they will be friends, of course. Cant wait for my grape vine. You are going to have to deliver it and choose a good place. While you are hear could you also dig over the remaining bed and put in a few poles and and and......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of work to be done and my place to lol.
      I have no idea of a good spot ,mine was just a fluke. I still cant find a good spot for passionfruit I killed yet another one aaaaaaagh. I want passionfruit .
      What if I bring Alaska she is awesome at digging large holes

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...