Friday 15 July 2011

Those are my eggs.....

My beautiful black silkie has gone broody, since I live in town and Im unable to keep a rooster I puchased 6 fertilized eggs online, they arrived in the mail nice and safe and have been under her a week now.
Today is the first day I seen her get off to get somthing to eat but not long after leaving the nest to grab a bite to eat, my other silkie jumped on the nest and claimed the eggs for herself and would not budge, much to my black silkies disgust as she pecked at her and stood on her and tried to squeeze into the nest. So after watching for a while I decided to make a nest next to her and lifted her off the eggs and popped the black silkie back on her nest. Im going to have to keep a close eye on these eggs I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...