Saturday 14 March 2020

Bartering

 With all this corona virus in the news & the supermarkets are crazy
I’m loving staying in .
I’ve joined a bartering site on Facebook & have found it fantastic so far
The first thing I posted was a bunch of rhubarb and said I would swap for vege seeds or fresh produce . I got plenty of vege seeds so hence I’ve had to get stuck into preparing the vege garden.
Which half of it had iris in it from last season so today I have spent pulling out & replanting iris.
I also bartered chocolates for mushroom compost , horse poo & sheep poo to prepare the soil.

 I trimmed the iris leaves in the front garden . I have around 50 different colours now all over the gardens .
 I traded one of the candles I make for this bamboo lap table

 This is the vege garden a work in progress

 I traded succulents for baby formula for my daughter ( unopened )
 I traded rhubarb for 3 large punnets of blackberries so I made jam.
Then made biscuits

 I also attended my local monthly succulent & cactus meeting & was gifted these lovely
Cherry tomatoes by a 93 year old friend who still gardens everyday . Such an inspiration
I think a lot more people may find bartering so much easier than the supermarket madness .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...